Friday 14 September 2012

Seeing as though most of us are moving our blog to a different platform, I decided to check it out... and well what can I say - was the easiest thing ever! :) No hassles, no frustration - so far! LOL  Hardest thing sofar would be remembering the new password!

I miss blogging and the ease of doing so on the old platform. Im not leaving will do as the others and just refer you to this one! 


Anyways... 

We've had a testy week or two... My child has turned into a little monster if she doesnt get what she wants (Nusha can concur), 15 (almost) 16month olds can throw just a good a tantrum as any 2yr old...  She hits you, she BITES (even the kids at school - again sorry to the children & parents who has to suffer thru this, she will eventually stop!). So yes my little angel face has a 'dark side'. I know its  mostly frustration because they cant quite tell you what they want, maar sjoe - it gets bad at times. 

Jessica has also ended up in hospital for a week (2/09 - 8/09) with early stage pneumonia, Influenza A and iron deficiency...  She was her normal self (besides a bit of snot nose, but figured thats from all the dust in the air), until Springday - then started vomiting, by 02h00 Sunday morning took her to the Emergency Dr, by 13h00 Sunday she wasnt keeping anything in and we went to ER in Kloof Hospital instead. She pulled a Mom-moment, and puked in the hospital foyer... quickest we vacated that area! ;)  By 18h30 the paed had us admitted and in Isolation ward  - at the time they weren't sure what was wrong, so rather safe than sorry. We were moved to the normal ward on Tues. I stayed with her during the week, slept mostly in my clothes and even quite comfy in her hospital cot (I did have a single sleeper couch to my disposable - also comfy). The worse was the bloody drip.... at least they dont expect you to be present for that, but afterwards - she would keep pulling at it, or the alarms go off etc... okay as our 1st time visit to hospital, I wasnt use to any of this. By Wed I was a pro - resetting the alarms if its not serious etc.. hehe :)

She was showing improvement by Tues afternoon - back to her lively self. By Thurs she was throwing tantrums up and down the ward - I could die! Do you have any idea how sounds travels and echo's in a enclosed ward?? Thank goodness we could go home Sat! She did learn a new word or two, dudu and shh (and then she put her finger over her mouth!) too cute! 

*this is probably because I had to tell her a trillion times "shhh the other babas dudu"* 

She's still getting an Iron Sup for the next 3 months and we need to up her meat/iron rich food intake. 

And then yesterday I had a whoops with my car....R20,000 worth of damage, tata extra savings money, tata outbonus... at least we have insurance ne'? And its one of those stories you hear - But I really didnt see the guy... lol felt like an idiot! At least no one got hurt and Jessica wasnt with me at the time. 

Must give kiddo's to the insurance people (outsurance), it was sorted ultra quick, car going in for repairs Monday and Im happy to be the recipient of a courtesey verhicle! 


Hoping this is it... and that a 3rd thing wont strike! 

Next weekend its the Waterkloof Airshow (AAD), and we are going to attempt it with Jessica in tow. Im not sure how she will feel about the aircraft noise.. not looking fwd to it as I usually do, guess the idea of sitting in the sun most of the day, hot and sweaty with a (possibly) unhappy toddler - just doesnt sound like fun to me... or perhaps Im just getting old! LOL

let me get back to work... Have a good weekend!! 

xxx

7 comments:

  1. Hi Shaz!!

    So sorry to hear that little Jessica was so sick, must have been really tough on you and her, but I am glad she is okay now.

    As for the biting, yes, been there done that. The very last time Layla did it was when she bit me out of excitement and I bit her back - not too hard but enought to hurt - but if its not you she's biting its hard to discipline I know!! Now Layla just uses her toys to pretend they are biting you LOL.

    I also bumped my car, these things happen unfortunately and lucky it was minor.

    *Lunar*

    P.S. Welcome to this side!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks the biting and slapping thing really gets to me... try to stay calm or even walk away, but she's gotta learn its wronge. At school they used vinegar, just a finger swipe thru the mouth. Until she start to like it...

      Glad the hospital stint is over - that definitely wasnt fun.

      Car's... I just cant seem to keep mine spotless! :) At least its now at the panelbeater and will be good as new in a week or so...

      How is your cake baking business coming on? Keeping you busy?

      Delete
    2. PS: your cakes are awesome! :)

      Delete
  2. Yay, nice to see you here! :-)

    Ai shame, so sorry to hear about your hospital stint, it's just the worst thing for a mommy to endure, gosh. Glad she's better.

    Sorry about frustrations - i found it got easier recently, with Mia understanding more, and being able to express herself better. Communication makes such a difference!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hospital visits are the pits! Hope we can now avoid it for at least the next 15mnts!

      Im sure these frustration tantrums will take a while still, its just difficult one to discipline!

      Have a good dday!
      x

      Delete
  3. Poor little Jess! What a long hospital stay for such a little girl. Glad she's OK now ...

    Oi with the tantrums! Wonder if all the kids that were born that week just got extra doses of tantrum-throwing genes or something!! We are also still battling mega-tantrums from SWeetpea! Here's hoping you and I make it out of this stage with our wits in tact :-)

    Sucks about the car ... but ja these things do happen ... I've done silly things in the past ... somehow managed to take off my car mirror while reversing out of my own garage if you can believe it!

    Still contemplating moving to this platform as well ... everyone is so happy here :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A week was definitely more than enough - halfway thru the week started wishing we could go home!

      At least Jessica hasnt tried the tantrums in public yet - im dreading that!! I just dont know how to get her to understand this is not the way to do things!! Oi, may we make it out of this stage in one piece, with our wits and sanity in tact! :)

      A while back I almost took out a petrol pump... lol at least the car is now getting fixed up!

      This platform seems easier - less complicated. :)

      Delete