Wednesday 19 September 2012

Toys...of the trade I guess!

 I Guesss I shouldnt be surprized, that even with 2 (yes 2) boxes filled with toys, that the content of the kitchen cupboards & drawers are more interesting! 

Top photo was last week sometime, she managed empty one of the cereal boxes on the floor and played in it like sand. She was heart broken when we cleaned it up.

Bottom was yesterday, in her hand you see a smidgen of yellow, thats a spoon, so she was sitting merrily taking imaginary bites off the white & red thing (its part of a dicer thingie), and the bibs she tries to put on... as many as she can... at once!

*Lunar - do you need someone to help you roll out the fondant?* :D 

How can you get angry (or all disciplinary like) with a face like that looking at you!


Another thing she wants to do, it putting lids on/off things. Been giving her old bum cream tubs. She can sit easily for up to 30min, trying to put the lids on/take off. She's mastering the turn action, but gets just as frustrated when she cant get it right. 


Another new - animal noises. On the weekend we got her to miaau (cat) and howl like a wolf (ahoooooooo) Too much cuteness! 

This Iron Deficiency thing of her is still bothering me. At school they get meat for lunch (be it fish, chicken or mince and even livercookies). She still drinks 3 bottles of formula a day - NAN3, fortified with Iron, along with the cereal. She sometimes eat oats at school, also apparently a good source of iron. This past week its been a struggle and challenge to get her to eat dinner though. I dont think she is hungry! Althought she would polish 2 x yogurt tubs... Maybe the meats are too small? I dont know, just know I dont want to keep giving her Iron supplements for an indefinite time! Besides it makes her constipated... lol 

I almost forgot, while in hospital - our little Angel discovered what we already knew - hospital food is tasteless, and we had to go buy her woolies meals!! lol my lil foodie in the making. We did try the hospital meals - one day they had a veggie medley, carrots, beans, mielies &peas - she wouldnt taste it, but when she saw the peas - it was 'bal bal bal'. Im sure they might still be finding the pea "ball's " she threw all over the show! LOL 

So today I asked for an increase... crisis - I sommer all jittery and nervous! Since my direct boss had the stroke end of May, I've been standing in for her, and our receptionist has been doing a sterling job in helping me out! In the last week or two, they made my boss an offer to buy her out, which she's accepted. So she is now not coming back and they dont seem to be in a hurry to employ help for us. Im still amazed by how good I've coped with all the extras - only a few mistakes - but hey thats how we learn! Now we are sitting here holding thumbs... I dont know why, I just couldnt ask them face to face (its like a mental block, you want to say /ask one thing and then the wrong words come out) so sent them an email instead... lol. Hope we will have something to celebrate on Pay Day!! :) *hold thumbs, and fingers, legs and arms crossed*

Have an awesome day!! 
xxx



5 comments:

  1. I am mesmerized by Jessica's long locks! Lovely little lass :-)

    Sweetpea's favourite thing to do while I'm in the kitchen is to unpack the plastics cupboard onto the floor ... then sit among her loot and take off lids and put them back :-) And if she gets frustrated she screams and the container gets flung across the kitchen ...

    Jess sounds adorable ... love the animal sounds :-)

    Crossing all fingers and toes for your raise!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the fling 'reflex'.. Im surprized my phone is still working! :)

      Thanks - her hair has grown so much - can make little ponytails, she looks 'older' when I tie it up! Desperately need to cut her fringe - she doesnt want to sit still for me. Must try and get her to a hairdresser!

      She loves making the animal sounds, she picks it up so quick!

      Thanks - we are still waiting with abated breath! lol

      Delete
  2. You can just see how much fun she is having. Sweet pretty girl!!

    Lol,I hate rolling fondant - what is her hourly rate? I may just have a job for her ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's loving it!

    lol - I think getting the fondant the right thickness might be a problem, with little 'happies' taken out on the sides! :) and of course the little hand prints!

    have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay, ek het jou gevind! Love al die fotos van jou klein foodie, te pragtig!

    ReplyDelete